Friday 27 July 2012

An Edinburgh To Do List

I love lists. That's probably an understatement. I constantly produce lists. Shopping lists, things I need to do lists, songs I want to listen to lists, movies I want to see lists, lists of books I want to read, lists of perfumes, lists of recipes, lists in notebooks, lists on scraps of paper (which I then carefully transcribe into notebooks), lists in my phone... Needless to say, there are a lot of lists in my life. And there's so many lists in this paragraph that the word list has now lost all meaning as I read it over!

Sitting on the National Monument on Calton Hill (with very messy hair!)

In February I moved to Edinburgh, and there were so many things that I wanted to do, see and experience in this great city. Some I have done, but there are many I have not, so now, as my first six months in Edinburgh comes to a close, I'm making a list of all the things I want to do (and including the things I have already managed, crossed out). Ideally, I'll try to do a few things each month and share them here. I'm sure as time passes more things will be added! And of course, there is the rest of Scotland to explore when we have the time and money. Any ideas would be much appreciated!

Outside the Scottish National Gallery of Modern Art

Edinburgh To Do List

Climb Arthur's Seat
Visit the Royal Botanic Gardens
Visit the Museum of Childhood
Visit the Scottish National Gallery of Modern Art
Wander around Calton Hill
Get to the top of Scott's Monument (I chickened out last time)
Explore Cramond
Visit Greyfriars Bobby
Visit the Palace of Holyroodhouse
Spend a sunny day at the Meadows
Visit Duddingston Loch and have a drink at the Sheep Heid Inn
Cocktails at Dragonfly
Whiskey tasting
Visit Jupiter Artland
Try some haggis

Looking over Edinburgh at night

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful place :)

    http://anna-and-klaudia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey you're not too far from finishing that list ;) Wish I was there to help you, looks absolutely divine.

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pics dear!

    www.meryswardrobe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures!!dEfinitely looks like a great city to live in and visit
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh i'd love to go to edinburgh! ever since i read all of alexander mccall smith's books i've been dreaming of a trip to scotland, i'll have to use your to do list :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did only first and last things from your list) ah, and I've visited the Royal Botanic Gardens, but it was in winter.

    ReplyDelete

Comments most welcome, please and thank you