Monday 23 April 2012

My Favourite Perfumes

I have always loved perfume. As a little girl I enjoyed making my own perfumes and potions, and as I got older I developed a liking for scents such as Angel by Thierry Mugler and Ghost, and wore them religiously. Perfumes that I have worn evoke a multitude of memories, and therefore become very special to me.

Today, I have a variety of favourite perfumes. Over the years my tastes have changed, but these are the ones that I still can't get enough of. I recently discovered that most of my favourite perfumes are at least partially vanilla or musk based. Obviously I have had a perfume 'type' for many years, and I hadn't even realised!

pureDKNY Scent Spray, whose signature is a drop of vanilla in water, is simply divine. I don't think any other perfume I've worn has ever attracted so many compliments.


Apothia Velvet Rope Eau de Parfum is 'inspired by an icy cold, dry vanilla martini spiked with absolute jasmine and a twist of grapefruit. Pure white musk heats up the background of this super-sexy scent.' It really is a super-sexy perfume. I usually save it for dates with that special someone.


Body Shop Vanilla Eau de Toilette is a very sweet perfume and I find that it lingers exceptionally well. It also has notes of coconut, which I love. I've been wearing it for years, and it brings back lots of good memories.


Love, Chloé Eau de Parfum is my newest favourite, bought for me by my sister for my last birthday. I fell in love with it immediately: it is a very ladylike perfume which leaves in its wake a gorgeous, powdery scent which is at once flowery and musky.


Viktor and Rolf Flowerbomb Eau de Parfum is definitely one of my signature scents. I love its extremely floral scent. I started wearing it at the beginning of a new chapter in my life, and I think it will always carry memories of that time and remind me of how I have changed and grown since then.


Givenchy Ange ou Démon Eau de Parfum is a an oriental floral, and a perfume I have worn for many years. It is a heady and seductive scent, and it reminds me of hot summer holidays and nights out.

1 comment:

  1. Flowerbomb's been my fave for ages! I never purchase yet every time I stop by the shops I always give myself a little spritz...thanks for the reminder...gotta update my spring scents STAT!

    I’m hosting 5 days of GIVEAWAYS with 5 chances to WIN in honor of my blog’s 2year anniversary! Would love for you to stop by and check it out!

    xo-Julie
    Peace. Love. LOL!

    Haute Khuuture.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments most welcome, please and thank you