Sunday 25 March 2012

I lost my heart in New York City

A few years ago I visited New York. Walking down a side street I noticed a temporary wall, blocking a construction site, with the following inscription:

There is something in the New York air that makes sleep useless. Perhaps it is that the heart beats faster here than elsewhere.

Written by Simone de Beauvoir, the statement struck a chord with me, so much so that I took a photo which has graced many walls already. It is not a particularly pretty photo, but it reminds me of the feeling I get when I experience something that I love.

There are certain places, certain times, certain people and certain things which make our hearts beat faster. With this in mind, I hope to fill this little corner of the internet with the things that make my heart beat faster.

Incidentally, my trip to New York also involved copious amounts of iced green tea lattés, a trip to the zoo, too much candyfloss, a terrifying ride on the Wonder Wheel at Coney Island, deep fried ice cream, eating take away red velvet cake on the subway, taking in the beautiful views from the Empire State building, thrift shopping in Brooklyn and hot rain which soaked us to the skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments most welcome, please and thank you